MAMMUT - Smart 2.0
Intuitive belay device with reliable blocking of the climbing rope.
– Simple operation
– Intuitive handling
– Reliable blocking of the climbing rope
The first generation of the Smart belay device was successfully launched in 2009. Built on the experience the new Smart 2.0 offers significantly improved braking effectiveness as well as optimized geometry and intuitive handling. The newly developed brake insert blocks the rope in the event of a fall. The belaying action of the Smart 2.0 is the same as the previous model and is therefore tailored to the belayer's reflex movements.
- Simple and easy operation: The lightweight 80 grams Smart 2.0 is easy to operate and has no moving parts or levers.
- Intuitive handling: As it operates according to the tube principle, the Smart 2.0 is therefore suitable for both lead climbing and top rope climbing. The new and more compact geometry makes paying out of the rope even faster and easier. The newly developed two-part handle ensures a pleasant feel and improved grip.
- Reliable blocking of the climbing rope: In the event of a fall, the Smart 2.0 blocks the climbing rope, with the newly developed high-performance brake insert interacting with the belay carabiner. It therefore offers the belayer optimal support and significantly improved safety. When the climber takes a break, the blocked rope considerably reduces the energy required by the belayer on the brake rope.
- Ideally coordinated: Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0. Both products were developed together and are ideally coordinated to offer the best possible performance. However, in general, the Smart 2.0 can be used optimally with all standard HMS carabiners. It is suitable for rope diameters from 8.7 to 10.5 mm
- Weight: 80 gr
- Campi d'Utilizzo: Mountaineering, Free Climbing