MAMMUT - Smart 2.0
Easy and intuitive to use belay device that ensures effective locking of the rope.
- Simple to use
- Easy to handle and intuitive
- Reliable rope locking
The first generation of the Smart belay device was successfully launched in 2009, based on this experience the Smart 2.0 was developed by improving the effectiveness of rope locking and optimizing geometries and handling.
The new braking insert blocks the rope in the event of a fall. The use of the Smart 2.0 is identical to that of the previous model.
- Easy to use: The Smart 2.0 is a lightweight (only 80g), simple to use insurer that has no moving parts or levers
- Easy to handle and intuitive: the Smart 2.0 can be used for both lead and top rope climbing. The revised and more compact geometry makes stringing even faster and easier. The redesigned handle ensures a pleasant grip and excellent grip.
- Reliable rope lock: In the event of a fall, the Smart 2.0 locks the rope thanks to the redesigned high-performance brake insert that interacts with the carabiner. It offers an optimal insurance experience and excellent security. When the climber takes a rest, the blocked rope significantly reduces the force required by the belayer to block the rope.
- Mammut recommends using the Smart 2.0 in combination with the Smart HMS carabiner
- Perfect match: Mammut recommends the use together with the Smart HMS carabiner, both have been developed together and designed to work together in the best possible way with the best performance. In any case, the smart 2.0 can be used perfectly with any standard HMS carabiner. The Smart 2.0 works with ropes with a diameter between 8.7 and 10.5 mm
- Campi for Use: Mountaineering, Free climbing