ASCENT 40 AVABAG - avalanche backpack designed for multi-day trips
The new ASCENT 40 AVABAG from Ortovox was made for multi-day ski touring trips and demanding ski crossings and complements our AVABAG ski touring collection. As with the smaller models, here too, minimization and safety are at the fore and this makes the ASCENT 40 AVABAG extremely light and efficient.
With 40 liters and three internal pockets, the ASCENT 40 AVABAG backpack offers enough storage space for multi-day ski tours and crossings. The perimeter zip on the front allows quick access to the entire contents of the main compartment. Emergency equipment is located in separate safety compartments and is therefore very easy to reach.
For demanding ski tours, the rope can be tied easily and quickly directly into this avalanche airbag backpack. The insulation mat or sleeping bag can be quickly attached to the additional outer rings. On steep terrain the D-Skifix system offers a fast and safe attachment system to the avalanche airbag backpack. In addition, it is also equipped with a fixing for ice ax and poles and has a fixed net for the helmet. The aluminum clip, the safety loop on the leg and the chest belt with emergency whistle are part of the standard equipment.
The advantages of the AVABAG system include:
- extremely light and compact airbag system
- the possibility of practicing without a cartridge
- the optimized handle design: the handle is compatible with any type of glove and is also suitable for left-handers
- removable and compatible with any ORTOVOX AVABAG backpack
- any kind of electronics
- Activation unit
- Activation handle
- Pre-tension tool
- It does NOT include the carbon cartridge to be purchased separately
- Aluminum locking buckle (Hip Belt)
- Closing aluminum buckle
- Chest closure with emergency whistle
- Fixing snowboard and snowshoes
- Bright Inside
- Waterproof zippers
- Access to the main compartment: Frontal
- Predisposition for hydration system
- Circular zip
- Ice ax and poles fastening
- removable helmet net
- Rope fixing
- key hook
- Adjustable trigger handle
- Support for safety devices
- Weight (without AVABAG Unit): 1290 g *
- Weight (with AVABAG Unit / without cartridge): 1980 g *
- Material Nylon 420D Oxford HD + Nylon 100D Robic Ripstop
* There may be weight differences on the order of 4%.