X-Dream is the tool that makes the dream of having two ice axes in one come true, with all the ideal features for ice, mixed and dry-tooling. A versatility guaranteed by the 4 interchangeable blades, Mixte fitted as standard.
Cassin - X-Dream model 2020 with new mixte blades
X-Dream is the tool that makes the dream of having two ice axes in one come true, with all the ideal features for ice, mixed and dry-tooling.
A versatility guaranteed by the 4 interchangeable blades (Mixte fitted as standard, Ice, Race and Total Dry sold separately) type 2 (CE) and above all by the patented variable angle handle: a masterpiece of ergonomics in ultra-resistant material even at the lowest temperatures. A simple Allen key included in the package allows you to quickly vary the angle of the handle and the blade from the vertical, taking the X-Dream from the Ice configuration to the Dry one and vice versa. The Ice configuration, with angles of 48 ° and 100 ° respectively, ensures a more natural strike and extraordinary penetration while the Dry configuration, with angles of 60 ° and 105 ° (more closed geometry), guarantees greater downward traction allowing the most complex hooks and ensuring exceptional grip comfort in suspensions.
The special interchangeable and reversible inserts X-Finger Small and X-Finger Large allow a micrometric adjustment of the handle at the level of the index finger, while the X-Rest insert allows to reduce the length of the hilt by 5 mm. The special tape on the handle is ideal for ice climbing and ensures perfect grip even when wet. Even the blades, worked with that precision that has always distinguished the CASSIN ice axes, are designed for versatility and the Mixte is the most versatile, with geometry and serrations that guarantee excellent performance both on ice and on rock.
The Ice blade, optimized for ice, has lower indentations (not along the handle) and tip identical to the Mixte and ensures an extremely precise and effective strike.
The Race is designed for hooking on rock, while the Total Dry is the non plus ultra for extreme dry-tooling and competitions.
- Ultra-light and extremely balanced: the reference tool for ice, mixed and dry-tooling
- 4 interchangeable blades, of which the Mixte and the Ice can be combined with a shovel or hammer for extraordinary versatility
- Mixte blade fitted as standard, Ice, Race and Total Dry blades sold separately
- Patented ergonomic handle with variable inclination, in ultra-resistant material even at the lowest temperatures and with smaller upper support for less bulk and greater performance
- 2 interchangeable inserts (X-Finger Small and X-Finger Large included) for micrometric adjustment of the handle at the index finger
- X-Rest insert included to reduce handle length by 5mm
- Third adjustable X-Trigger support on the handle included
- X-Grip 2 tape included
- Weight 595g
- CE EN 13089 Type 2
You might also like
Essential office supplies in our online stationery shop that keep your office operations smooth and efficient