By buying this product you can collect up to 10 loyalty points. Your cart will total 10 points that can be converted into a voucher of $2.26.
CLASSIC AND TECHNICAL ALPINISM
• New handle for Winter 2017
• A lightweight, versatile tool for the technical alpinist
• Hot-forged aluminum alloy head allows for 2 configurations: adze and hammer
• T-rated chromoly steel pick and T-rated 7075-T6 aluminum alloy shaft (CE-UIAA type 2)
• 3 part handle can be optimized for different conditions
• Interchangeable steel spike has a hole large enough to clip a carabiner for use with lanyards
The X-Light takes the same quality forged components and profiled geometries as the X-Dream and X-All Mountain tools, but simplifies the shaft to make it the most suitable axe for low-angle terrain typical of light and fast technical ascents.
Two different head configurations (adze and hammer) allow the tool to be perfectly optimized for the objective.
The single-curve shaft is optimized with the angle of the pick for solid performance on alpine ice and for use as a cane.
Carabiner holes at the head and spike accommodate traditional leashes or lanyards.
The new 3 part handle can be assembled in the precise way that fits the terrain being climbed with an upper pommel that can be repositioned without tools.
It also increases mechanical resistance to the specific stresses on each part of the handle.
The hammer and adze components have been shaped for a comfortable grip and the pick does not have teeth near the shaft to further increase comfort and help limit wear and tear on gloves.
|New||Ref.||Product name||Weight||Pick material||Shaft material||Spike material|
|g||oz||CE (EN 13089)||UIAA(152)|
|2518||X-LIGHT - Hammer 50 cm||525||18.5||Chromoly Steel||2.5 mm 7075 Alu||Chromoly steel||Type 2||Type 2|
|2519||X-LIGHT - Adze 50 cm||520||18.4||Chromoly Steel||2.5 mm 7075 Alu||Chromoly steel||Type 2||Type 2|